My photo
I greatly enjoy exercise and staying healthy, however, I've fallen off track this past year or so. I am currently getting back into my usual diet and exercise regimen and hope to see great results from my efforts. I love food and I enjoy cooking, especially baking! I have an incredible sweet tooth, but try not to give in to it too often!

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Up and at it!

Alarm went off at 5:30 once again, so we hopped out of bed and got ready for our morning workout. Today was a cardio day only, so I did 40 mins on the elliptical, then completed the workout with a few sets of ab work.

While I showered, Ken made protein breakfast shakes for us...protein powder, ice, skim milk, and a 1/2 banana, and a TBSP of PB....YUMMMMMMY!!!

On my way out the door for work I grabbed a Clif Bar and a reduced fat cheddar cheese stick to have as a snack before my lunch break.

Now I am home and for lunch I had 5 slices of turkey breast and a lightly salted quaker rice cake with a smear of PB on it.

When I go back to work I will bring grapes and raisins with me to snack on until I get home for dinner tonight.

I have dinner going in the crock pot now...I cut up thin skinless boneless chicken breasts into pieces, 1 can of italian herb diced tomatoes, and I threw in a bag of frozen mixed veggies, as well as some italian seasoning, garlic, etc. We will have a small salad and cousous with the chicken.

Sounds and smells great, I'm looking forward to it!

I will be back later tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment