My photo
I greatly enjoy exercise and staying healthy, however, I've fallen off track this past year or so. I am currently getting back into my usual diet and exercise regimen and hope to see great results from my efforts. I love food and I enjoy cooking, especially baking! I have an incredible sweet tooth, but try not to give in to it too often!

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Startin' Up

Hello everyone! This is officially my first post as a "blogger"! I'm excited to share my daily exercise and nutrition diary with everyone else who is interested.

With the new year in gear, I have energized myself and decided to get back on track and exercise and eat the healthy way I use to. I'm ready to sweat and ready to burn...

My husband (Ken) and I woke up early this morning and began our Saturday by taking our dog for a walk. When we got back home, we got our running shoes on, ate a banana each , and headed downstairs where our home gym is.

Ken and I are determined to get back on track together, which makes it a little bit easier, having someone to push you harder. So the sweating began....

I ended up doing 40 intense mins of cardio. I split up my cardio and did 20 mins on the elliptical and 20 mins on the spin bike. I am pretty sore in my legs and arms from our workout yesterday, so 40 mins was plenty for me! I worked up a good sweat and got my heart pumping.

After a good fat burning workout, we were starving, so Ken cooked up some white eggs, whole wheat toast with sugar free jam, and we each had a clementine. Breakfast was completed with a small glass of light OJ.

I'll check back in later on after lunch...

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Great page. You and Ken had a great workout this am. My spin class kicked my butt! lol

    ReplyDelete