My photo
I greatly enjoy exercise and staying healthy, however, I've fallen off track this past year or so. I am currently getting back into my usual diet and exercise regimen and hope to see great results from my efforts. I love food and I enjoy cooking, especially baking! I have an incredible sweet tooth, but try not to give in to it too often!

Sunday, January 4, 2009

My day...

Well, today was a lazy day for the most part. We watched the games and relaxed. Lunch was very light for me... 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese, grape tomatoes, and a few(about ten) raw almonds.

Ken and I decided to splurge a little bit today and go out to eat for dinner. It is our 6 month wedding anniversary!!! WOW!! Time flies! We went to one of our favorite sports bar/grill called 54th Street. I made a good dinner choice...grilled chicken, shredded lettuce, red peppers, and pico de gallo in a flour tortilla. I asked them not to put the shredded cheese and bacon on the wrap to help cut some cals. It also came with a bacon ranch dressing, which I asked them to put on the side and I dipped lightly. Of course it came with fries, but thankfully Ken ate most of mine, plus his own! It was very good and it was light...there was a ton of sliced lettuce and red peppers on it, more veggies than chicken I would say, but it was teh perfect amount. As I usually do, I pulled pieces of the tortilla off of the wrap as I ate it, avoiding some extra carbs.

On our way home, Ken and I decided to pull into the Dairy Queen drive-thru! So not only were we getting ice cream, but we were going through the drive-thru for ice cream!!! Oh well! It's our splurge day and I've been very good the last week or so...

I got a small reeses blizzard and I am so proud of myself...I ate 1/4 of it, which wasn't more than a 1/4 cup, and put the rest in the freezer! It was just enough to hit the spot.

UGHHH Monday is here already!!!! I can't stand the thought of it...But I am ready to start a fresh week of healthy eating and my routine exercise. I CAN DO IT!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a good day! 6 months already?? wow!

    ReplyDelete