My photo
I greatly enjoy exercise and staying healthy, however, I've fallen off track this past year or so. I am currently getting back into my usual diet and exercise regimen and hope to see great results from my efforts. I love food and I enjoy cooking, especially baking! I have an incredible sweet tooth, but try not to give in to it too often!

Monday, January 5, 2009

Monday morning blues...

Ugh....the dretful morning has arrived. Mondays are the worst, but I'm off to a great start! Ken and I set our alarms for 5:30 am, woke up and headed downstairs to our gym. Today was day 2 of my lifting routine...so I did 20 intense mins of cardio on my elliptical and then did 25 mins of intense lifting and leg work. It felt great to start a Monday off like that!

After our workout, we made protein shakes...Chocolate whey protein powder, 1 cup skim milk, 1 cup crushed ice, and 1 tablespoon of natural PB. Mixed that up twice, one for me and one for him. I enjoyed my shake, then headed for the shower.

I am taking a banana with me to work as an AM snack, as well as a low cal/low fat protein snack bar. I take a late lunch break this week(2ish) so I plan on having my bar around 12:30 or so to hold me over until lunch.

Have a great Monday! TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment